Play Day is being held here, at CCLS this year! We will needs LOTS of volunteers to help us out that day! This is a day-long event, with students attending from area Lutheran schools. Several needs must be anticipated, such as weather concerns, concessions to operate, first-aid potential, events to officiate, and children to manage. There may be need for band-aids, ice packs, sunscreen, water, rest, and direction.
Grades K - 4
Bean Bag Toss
Standing Broad Jump
Grades K - 8
Grades 1 - 6
Grades 1 - 8
Grades 5 - 8
Running Long Jump
Softball Distance Throw
Softball Accuracy Throw
Please click here to find directions to our school.
1.Families, be sure to catch the weather forecast the evening before Play Day in order to better plan your child’s clothing. We all know how moody Minnesota springtime can be..
2. Get those kiddos to bed early so that they can get a good night’s sleep and be well-rested for their big day.
3. Keep in mind that springtime mornings can be chilly. You might wish to dress your child in an outer layer of warmer clothing to keep them from shivering.
4. Don’t forget the sneakers!
5. Sunburn is no fun! Be sure to provide sunblock, however there are stipulations. Please read the following carefully:
CCLS is unable to administer sunscreen without a completed Medication Authorization form.
Sunscreen brought to school must be in original, labeled container.
Medications, including sunscreen, must be transported by parent.
6. There will be no hot lunch provided on this day, so please pack a hearty lunch.
7. Concessions will be offered so you may wish to send a bit of cash with your child.
8. Warmer weather can awaken stinging creatures. If your child has an allergy, please be sure that they are armed with the proper medication (see Medical Authorization Form above).
9. The kids are going to be very active, so they must stay well-hydrated! Please send a water bottle along for them, labeled with their name.